- Farmington Metropolitan Planning Organization
- Transportation Performance Management
Transportation Performance Management
The Federal Highway Administration defines Transportation Performance Management as a strategic approach that uses system information to make investment and policy decisions to achieve national performance goals.
In short, Transportation Performance Management:
View the FMPO's Transportation Performance Management Report
(Policy Committee Resolution 2020-1, adopted January 23, 2020)
Under the two most recent federal transportation bills, MAP-21 and the FAST Act, states and metropolitan areas are required to set targets for the following performance measures.*
Unless noted otherwise, the Farmington MPO has elected to support the performance targets adopted by the New Mexico Department of Transportation and Red Apple Transit by prioritizing projects that will contribute towards achieving those targets.
- Number of fatalities
- Rate of fatalities per 100 million Vehicle Miles Traveled (VMT)
- Number of serious injuries
- Rate of serious injuries per 100 million VMT
- Number of non-motorized fatalities and non-motorized serious injuries
Visit the FHWA's State Performance Dashboard to see FMPO's Safety Performance Targets
- Percent of NHS bridges by deck area classified as “Good” condition: 10% (MPO specific, not NMDOT target)
- Percent of NHS bridges by deck area classified as “Poor” condition
- Percent of non-Interstate NHS pavements in “Good” condition
- Percent of non-Interstate NHS pavements in “Poor” condition
Visit the FHWA's State Performance Dashboard to see FMPO's Infrastructure Condition Performance Targets
Infrastructure Condition for the FMPO Region:
Explore an interactive map of bridge and pavement conditions for FMPO's region
- Percent of Person-Miles Traveled on the non-Interstate NHS that are Reliable
Visit the FHWA's State Performance Dashboard to see FMPO's Reliability Performance Targets
System Reliability for the FMPO region:
Explore an interactive map of the level of travel time reliability (LOTTR) for FMPO's region
- Rolling Stock: The percentage of revenue vehicles (by type) that exceed the useful life benchmark (ULB)
- Equipment: The percentage of non-revenue service vehicles (by type) that exceed the ULB.
- Facilities: The percentage of facilities (by group) that are rated less than 3.0 on the Transit Economic Requirements Model (TERM) Scale.
* This list only includes those performance measures applicable to the Farmington MPO