Current Construction Notices
If a citizen see's a problem with a signalized intersection please contact police/fire dispatch and report the problem to them, we have a signal technician on standby 24/7 and dispatch will contact them.
- City of Farmington 20th Street Project will consist of:
- Water Line Replacement Project (estimated start April 2016, estimated completion October 2016)
- Electric Line Underground Project (estimated start June 6, 2016, estimated completion January 2017)
- Sidewalk and Landscaping Project (estimated start will be determined by the progress of previous projects, expected April 2017 start date)
- Curb and Gutter replacement (estimated start date will be determined by the progress of previous projects)
- Overlay (estimated start date will be determined by the progress of previous projects)
The intersection at San Juan Boulevard and Scott Avenue will be RESTRICTED:
A Traffic Signal and Intersection Safety Improvements Project will begin Tuesday, May 3, 2016 and continue through Monday, August 29, 2016. Multiple lane closures are anticipated. The traffic signal timing and sequence will be modified due to construction. As construction progresses, updates will be posted. Pedestrian and Vehicle access on Scott Avenue, between Main Street and San Juan Boulevard, will be completely closed, please seek alternate routes. Construction hours are 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Sunrise Parkway between Salida del Sol and Calle Mio will be RESTRICTED the week of August 15, 2016 through August 19, 2016 to allow for sidewalk and drainage repairs.
- NMDOT: Traffic Advisories and updates on the New Mexico Department of Transportation’s road conditions http://nmroads.com/ You can also call the NMDOT’s road hotline at 511 or 1-800-432-4269.
Utility Outage Notice
- Foothills Drive at the Lakewood Intersection will be RESTRICTED to one lane each direction to allow for waterline construction. A major tie in at Lakewood and Escalante is schedule for August 11, 2016 – area residents may experience low water pressure.
- 20th Street between Sullivan and Hutton Avenue will be restricted beginning Monday, April 18, 2016 through Friday, August 18, 2016 to allow for a water mainline replacement project. The east bound lanes on 20th Street at Sullivan will be CLOSED with one lane for east bound traffic. Updates will follows as project progresses. Businesses and residents in the immediate area may experience periodic interruption of water services or low water pressure issues. Construction hours: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Foothills Drive between Alder and Crestwood Estates will continue to be RESTRICTED to allow for waterline construction. The Hill-n-Dale Drive Intersection at Foothills Drive will be CLOSED for the next two (2) days to allow for hot tap and hydrant installation. Access to Foothills Drive from Hill-n-Dale will be restricted. Flagging operations will be in place.
Foothills Waterline Project on August 11, 2016. The tie-in at Lakewood and Escalante will require Lakewood Drive westbound lane between Foothills and Hood Mesa Trail to be completely closed between 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM. Escalante Trail eastbound lane will be completely closed between Foothills Drive and Halls Way. Water SHUT OFF will occur between 9:30 AM and 5:00 PM. Area residents may be without water while others may experience low water pressure. Residents directly affected with NO WATER will be individually notified
20th Street between Clayton and Main will be closed to through traffic beginning Monday, August 8, 2016 through Friday morning, August 12, 2016, to allow for waterline construction. Construction hours: 8:00 PM – 6:00 AM
Update to 20th Street
- The intersection of Hutton Avenue and 20th Street will be restricted Monday, June 13, 2016 and Tuesday, June 22, 2016 to allow for a water mainline replacement. Traffic will be restricted to one lane, each direction on 20th Street while Hutton Avenue will be closed to north bound traffic (south of 20th Street). Delays are expected. Businesses and residents in the immediate area may experience periodic interruption of water services or low water pressure issues. Construction hours: Night work -- 8:00 PM – 7:00 AM
- 20th Street between Clayton and Main will be closed to through traffic Monday, August 15, 2016 2016 through Friday morning, August 19, 2016, to allow for waterline construction. Construction hours: 8:00 PM – 6:00 AM
20th Street and Main Street will be RESTRICTED beginning Tuesday, August 16, 2016 2016 through Friday morning, August 19, 2016, AND again on Sunday night, August 21, 2016through Monday morning, August 22, 2016 to allow for waterline construction. Construction hours: 8:00 PM – 6:00 AM
Detours and barricading will be in place and delays are expected. Motorists are advised to avoid the area and seek alternate routes.