Civility First Four Corners
"In every community, there is work to be done. In every nation, there are wounds to heal. In every heart, there is the power to do it."
About the Program
Civility First Four Corners was created by the City of Farmington's Community Relations Commission to promote positive relations and mutual goodwill while extending a welcoming hand to all who live in or visit the Four Corners region.
As both a commercial and cultural hub, Farmington entertains a large number of visitors, shoppers, and area residents who depend on the area's commercial, recreational, and educational opportunities. The mission of Civility First Four Corners is to promote community, elevate customer/business appreciation and to celebrate unity within diversity.
Through an intensive public awareness campaign, community educaiton, and by rewarding quality service, it is the goal of Civility First Four Corners to make the region a more hospitable, harmonious, and productive place for all.
The program is designed around a public awareness and educational platform that focuses on then character traits that promote positive interactions, mutual respect, and social harmony and is designed to reach all who live, work, or play in the Four Corners Region.
From the youngest to the oldest, we can all live Civility First.
Traits of a Civility First Community
- CITIZENSHIP Recognizing the duties, obligations, and functions of being a part of a community
- COMPASSION The desire and willingness to help someone in need
- CONSIDERATION Thoughtful regard for others
- COURTESY Demonstration of polite behavior
- INCLUSIVENESS Ensuring anyone who wants to be included is included
- KINDNESS Being kind
- RESPECT Recognizing the worth of others
- RESPONSIBILITY Being accountable for something within one's power
- SINCERITY Being earnest and genuine
- TOLERANCE Being permissive toward those whose opinions or practices differ from your own
Thank you for nominating a Great Service Star! It is our hope that through this program we can recognize those in our community who go "above and beyond" to provide quality service to their customers. An individual from any business or organization may be nominated for the Great Service they have provided. Drawings will occur on a regular basis and both you and your nominee will win a prize if your Great Service Nomination is drawn.
Online Nomination Form