Lake Farmington Camping
August 12-26, 2019 - The campground will be CLOSED for shade structure installations.
Camp at Lake Farmington in our 21-site dry campground.
- NO Utilities or potable water
- Vault toilet open seasonally
- Fire rings & grills
- Picnic tables
- Five (5) large RV sized sites
- $5.00 per night
Access fee must also be paid per vehicle or covered by Lake Farmington Season Pass.
Reservations can be made by calling Parks Reservations at (505) 599-1400. Must reserve at least 48 hours in advance. See the reservation cancellation policy below.
- Camping permits must be displayed on campsite post.
- All vehicles must pay the $5.00 per night access fee or have a Lake Farmington Season Pass.
- All vehicles and campsites must display access permits.
- Only two vehicles allowed per site.
- Up to eight (8) people allowed per site.
- No entry or reentry into lake access area between 10:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m. (if you leave the access area you may not reenter until morning).
- Quiet hours are between 10:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m.
- No generators or other noise producing equipment may be used during quiet hours.
- All tents and equipment must be kept in designated site.
- No drugs, alcohol, or firearms permitted in campground or on city property.
- Swimming in designated area only.
- Fishing is permitted but is subject to rules and regulations of New Mexico Department of Game and Fish.
- Campers shall not save or reserve camping spaces for others even by purchasing additional permits.
- No dumping allowed. Click Here for a list of area dump stations.
- All trash must be disposed of in proper containers.
- Drivers must obey all traffic signs and operate their vehicles in accordance with posted regulations, and applicable Federal, State, and local laws.
- Vehicles must be parked in designated areas only.
- Use of vehicles within campgrounds and other recreation areas is limited to entering or leaving those areas.
Check-in/Check-out and Camping Limits:
- Check-in time is 12:00 p.m.
- Campsite check-out time is 11:00 a.m.
- Walk-in reservations are available on a first come, first serve basis, or advance reservations can be made by calling (505) 599-1400.
- Vehicles in the park between 10:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m. are subject to camping fees.
- Visitors may be required to pay fees for their entire stay in advance (rather than on a daily basis) for weekends, holidays, or special events.
- Campers may reside in a park for a maximum of 14 days during a 20 day period.
- Campers shall completely remove camping equipment and gear from the park for seven (7) calendar days during the 20 day period.
- Campers may not retain and leave vacant a campsite for more than 24 hours.
- Obey any restrictions on fires. Fires may be limited or prohibited at certain times.
- Within campgrounds, fires may only be built in fire rings, stoves, grills, or fireplaces provided for that purpose.
- Be sure your fire is completely extinguished before leaving. Do not leave your fire unattended. You are responsible for keeping fires under control.
- Pet owners shall pick up after their pets and maintain the area in a clean and sanitary condition.
- Pet owners shall restrain pets on leashes that are not more than 8 feet in length.
- Pet owners shall not leave their pets unattended in vehicles or campsites.
- Cancellations made up to 48 hours in advance to the day of arrival will receive a full refund.
- Cancellations made less than 48 hours to the day of or after arrival will incur the cost of one (1) night stay. The remaining balance of the reservation will be refunded.
For more information contact Farmington Parks, Recreation & Cultural Affairs at (505) 599-1197.