News Flash

Farmington Spotlight

Posted on: August 14, 2018

Emergency Contact Numbers for Electrical Outages, Water Breaks, and/or Sewer Spills/Backups


Experiencing a utility outage?  Spotted a water break?  Witnessing a sewer spill or backup?  Read below to see how to report!


If you, or someone you know, is experiencing a utility outage, please contact: 505.599-8444

TIP: If your power does go out, check your fuse box for a blown fuse or tripped circuit breaker. If this is not the cause, please report the outage by calling 505-599-8444. Please answer the prompts with the closest choices you believe to be the problem.  

Please make sure the phone number on your electric account is up-to-date by calling 505.599.1353 and speaking with a customer service representative.  You can also update your phone number by calling 505.599.8444 and selecting option 7, then option 3.

**You should update your phone number before you need to report an outage!

Water break or Sewer Spill/Backup:

If you experiencing lower water pressure, or see a water break (water running down the street), please report by calling JACOBS* call center: 505.326.1918

*JACOBS is the City of Farmington's Water/Waste Water Service Company

Non-Emergency Dispatch (505.334.6622) is alway a safe option to call!

Please be sure to check out our many services and programs by visiting our website below:

City of Farmington
Facebook Twitter Email