Farmington Electric Utility System
Calling all youth artists!
The Farmington Electric Utility System has its first electric car, and it needs a wrap! FEUS is hosting the Dress the LEAF Youth Graphic Design Contest to help decorate the Nissan LEAF purchased in June 2020. The contest begins today and is open to all youth up to age 18 living in San Juan County.
The winner will receive a $100 gift card to Target, and his or her graphic will be incorporated into the overall design of the vehicle wrap.
- The Dress the LEAF contest is open to youth up to age 18 who reside in FEUS’ service area.
- Graphics can be hand-drawn or created with digital art software or a combination of the two.
- All graphics should be original. Stock graphics will not be accepted.
- Individuals may submit more than one design.
- Graphics must be submitted online at the link below by 5 p.m. on May 3, 2021.
All entries will be displayed on the City of Farmington's online platforms after the submission deadline of May 3, 2021.
The winner will be announced on May 18 during the city council work session.
Questions may be directed to City of Farmington Public Affairs at 505-599-1419.
To enter the contest, please complete the Dress the LEAF contest form and upload graphics HERE.
Report an Electrical Outage
If you, or someone you know, is experiencing a power outage, please report it by calling (505) 599-1353 Option 7.
Click on the icon below to view the FEUS Electrical Outage Map. This map displays the current active outages in the FEUS service territory. FEUS is working to resolve all outages as quickly and effectively as possible.
TIP: If your power does go out, check your fuse box for a blown fuse or tripped circuit breaker. If this is not the cause, please report the outage by calling (505) 599-1353 Option 7. Please answer the prompts with the closest choices you believe to be the problem.
Please make sure the phone number on your electric account is up-to-date by calling (505) 599-1353 and speaking with a customer service representative.
You can also update your phone number by calling (505) 599-1353 and selecting option 7, then option 3.
**You should update your phone number before you need to report an outage!
The City of Farmington Electric Utility conducted a Fiber Feasibility Study to determine if there is a way to build a fiber-optic network to bring gigabit broadband to residents of the FEUS service area. The potential services could provide residents and businesses with high-speed internet access.
FEUS will NEVER call and demand immediate payment with a threat of disconnection.
All of our disconnect notices are mailed or called out the day prior to disconnect.
Customers have reported to the Farmington Electric Utility System that they have received calls claiming to be from the City of Farmington utility demanding immediate payment and threatening to disconnect if you do not pay. Our customers indicate that the caller ID sometimes shows the call coming from a 1-800 number and sometimes it shows coming from 505-599-1353. These scammers are very aggressive and if you question them in any way they become belligerent. FEUS will NEVER call and demand immediate payment with a threat of disconnection. All of our disconnect notices are mailed or called out the day prior to disconnect.
Please DO NOT pay the scammers. Hang up and call Customer Service at 505-599-1353 to verify the status of your account.
Safety Protocol when dealing with FEUS
Farmington Electric Utility System (FEUS) has meter readers, installers, linemen, and relay techs who are always working in the field to maintain our infrastructure in order to provide you with the most reliable, affordable electricity in the region. There are many times that we need to access equipment that may be in your backyard or behind a fence. Here are some tips for interacting with FEUS personnel:
• ALWAYS ask for an employee badge from any field personnel. Even if our employee is in a FEUS uniform and vehicle – ASK FOR ID!
• Call 505-327-7701 and inform the operator that you need to verify identity of a field representative for FEUS if there is any question. You may also call 505-599-1353 option “0” for Customer Service.
• NEVER allow an FEUS employee access to the inside of your home. We will never ask to go inside your home for any reason.
• NEVER pay someone over the phone via a pre-paid credit card. We will NEVER call and demand payment with a threat of immediate disconnection if payment is not made. Please hang up and call 505-599-1353 to verify the status of your account.
Safety of our personnel as well as our customers is one of our main goals! Scammers pretending to be utility employees in order to gain access to your home or bank accounts under false pretenses are on the rise nationwide. Protect yourself by ensuring that you are truly dealing with an FEUS employee.
CALL 505-599-1353 for any questions or verifications!