Parks, Shelters, & Athletic Facilities
- The parks are open.
- Playgrounds are being sanitized on a regular basis.
But remember we still need to use our outdoor spaces safely and maintain social distancing.
- Park restrooms are closed; porta-lets are available at all high-traffic parks, the two dog parks, and the riverwalk.
- The City of Farmington Parks, Recreation, and Cultural Affairs Division is frequently sanitizing the playgrounds. Porta-lets are regularly sanitized by the vendor.
- Signs have been placed in the parks to remind citizens to physically distance from one another and how to do such while using the area.
- Large banners are being placed in the river parks to remind citizens to physically distance from one another and how to do such while using the area.
- The Farmington Police Department is increasing its presence in city parks to remind citizens to practice physical distancing while enjoying these spaces.
- Maintain a distance of at least 6 feet from others while in the park or on the trails.
- Avoid congregating. Enjoy your walk or run and return home.
- If using the basketball or volleyball facilities, limit the number of people to no more than five.
The City of Farmington is responsible for grounds maintenance of over 50 public park properties and facilities, developed or undeveloped.
Parks, Recreation, & Cultural Affairs | Events | Gateways Activity Guide & Walking Guide | Rentals
Projects & Development | Athletic Fields | Parks, Shelters, & Open Space | Animal Shelter | Civic Center
Clean & Beautiful | Community Center | Golf Courses | Indian Center | Lake Farmington | Museums | Nature Center
Pools & Splash Pads | Recreation Center | Senior Center | Set-up an Event or Mobile Business | Theatre Programs