Water & Wastewater Utilities
Responsibilities & ServicesThe Water / Wastewater Utility Division oversees the city's water and wastewater utilities and monitors the city's operations and maintenance contracts with private sector firms. The main focus is to oversee the operation of the city’s water and wastewater utilities including financial management, capital improvements planning and environmental compliance.
Important Phone Numbers
- Emergency, After Hours & Holiday Reporting (Water & Sewer), please call (505) 326-1918
- Billing Questions, please call (505) 599-1353
- Pool Draining Information and Pre-authorizations, please call (505) 325-7027 for pre-authorization (Code of Ordinance - Chapter 26-3-4 & Chapter 26-3-5)
- Rate Structure for Water and Wastewater System (Chapter 26 - Article 4)
- Water and Sewer Mainline Extensions (Chapter 26 - Article 5)
- Sewer Use and Wastewater Control (Chapter 26 - Article 3)
- Conservation of Water in Emergencies (Chapter 26 - Article 2 - Division 2)
- Don't Pass the Salt (EPA Regulation - Reducing salt levels in Farmington's wastewater)
- Service Line Warranties (Information for property owners on repairing & maintaining their service lines)
- City's Operations & Maintenance Contractor - Jacobs
- Caring for People, assisting eligible homeowners faced with a service emergency
- Caring for Community, a grant program designed to help communities improve quality of life for their residents
- Caring for Vets, offering veterans opportunities to launch post-military careers in various trades
- Caring for Good, engaging our employees to get involved through charitable donations and volunteerism
We recognize that the holidays can be a stressful time financially for families, and even more so if they experience a home emergency. While many of your residents are protected by our service line warranty program, please encourage those who are not and are in need of an emergency repair to apply for HomeServe Cares. For qualifying applicants, HomeServe will arrange for emergency repairs at no cost to the homeowner through our network of local, licensed and qualified contractors.
Please visit www.homeservepeople.com for additional information and to access the application.