Community Development Block Grant
Housing Assistance for Low Income Residents
- Homelessness prevention/rapid rehousing (rental assistance), utility deposits.
- Angelina Martin, Client Coordinator - 505.325.4214
- Douglas Joe, Program Manager - 505.325.1178
- Emergency rental assistance, utility assistance.
- Nanette Pinckney, CEO: 505.325.7466
The Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Division of the Community Development Department administers the US Department of Housing and Urban Development’s CDBG Program that provides for approximately $350,000 of federal grant funding in the community annually to address the needs of low or moderate income families and individuals.
The City of Farmington receives Community Development Block Grant Entitlement funds from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). CDBG funds are used for a variety of public services and capital projects to benefit targeted neighborhoods and low- and moderate-income families. Each year two important public documents are created, the Annual Action Plan that allocates funds to individual projects, and the Consolidated Annual Performance Evaluation Report (CAPER) that documents how the funds have been expended. CDBG staff manages the projects, monitors their performance, and reports their accomplishments to HUD.