Community Development Block Grant
The 2022 CDBG Public Service Grant Request For Proposals are now being accepted until July 6th, 2022. Click link below for instructions:
Federal Grant Funding
The Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Division of the Community Development Department administers the US Department of Housing and Urban Development’s CDBG Program that provides for approximately $350,000 of federal grant funding in the community annually to address the needs of low or moderate income families and individuals.
The City of Farmington receives Community Development Block Grant Entitlement funds from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). CDBG funds are used for a variety of public services and capital projects to benefit targeted neighborhoods and low- and moderate-income families. Each year two important public documents are created, the Annual Action Plan that allocates funds to individual projects, and the Consolidated Annual Performance Evaluation Report (CAPER) that documents how the funds have been expended. CDBG staff manages the projects, monitors their performance, and reports their accomplishments to HUD.
Public Service Funds Timeline
The City of Farmington uses Community Development Block Grant funds for both Public Service support and critical infrastructure. The City of Farmington has awarded an average of $55,000 a year in CDBG funds to support public service organizations in our community with the following timeline:
- The Public Service support process starts with the HUD Allocation Letter
- A Request for Proposals (RFP) is issued by our Purchasing Division following CDBG guidelines. This RFP outlines requirements for the award of funds.
- City Council may choose to allocated additional General Fund dollars for award through this process.
- Request for Proposals are due.
- RFPs are reviewed by an Evaluation Committee.
- Ranked Public Service organizations give a brief presentation to the council.
- First Council meeting of month – Public Hearing for Annual Action Plan which includes disbursement for public service funds
- Annual Action Plan due in IDIS by mid-August